This site is intended to create a community where moms can gather and discuss topics of interest to them. While we reserve the right to monitor site content, it is up to our users to ensure that the site discussions are positive, informative, supportive and entertaining.
As a general matter, we ask that you please treat everyone as if they were your friendly next-door neighbor. Language and content should be appropriate for a civil, adult discourse. Think of this as a polite conversation – don’t YELL. Please respect others’ rights to their opinions; understand that there may be many other sides to the story. Take what you find on our site with a grain of salt. There is no substitute for a healthy skepticism and your own good judgment.
Discussions on this site can range from child-rearing, religion, sex and other topics that feature a variety of viewpoints. This site is intended for grown-ups, with adult subject matter and language and not every discussion on the site will fall in line with the values/morals/lifestyles of every community member. We suggest you disregard the conversations that are not appropriate for you, and instead focus on the topics you can relate to.
Before you create a discussion, it is up to you to think about the purpose of your post and what you hope to learn or gain from the responses. When you seek input/opinions from other community members, be prepared to get all types of feedback. Debates can be enlightening, but should remain focused on the topic and not become personal. If a comment isn't something you would say face-to-face to someone you just met, then it probably shouldn't be typed on our site.
If you see something on the site that you believe is inaccurate, or about which you hold a different opinion, feel free to post a comment. If you see something on the site that you believe is abusive, violates our Terms of Service, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy the site, or is otherwise objectionable, please notify us using the "Report Abuse" link that appears below each user’s post. Additionally, if your content is abusive, violates our Terms of Service, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy the site, or is otherwise objectionable, in our sole judgment we can exercise our right to deny you access to the site or any features of the site.
By participating in discussions, posting content to our site, using our email services, or otherwise accessing and using the social networking, public posting features or other features of our site, you represent and agree that you will not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the site;
- Use the site to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the site or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the networks we use to provide the site;
- Use the site to instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person;
- Gain unauthorized access to the site, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this site, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means;
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this site;
- Use the site to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information or content of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law;
- Use the site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder;
- Use the site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component;
- Use the site to post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising;
- Use the site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, unless we have authorized such use (for example, you are authorized to post such advertisements and solicitations in the "Marketplace" section of our site, which allows users to post items that they are looking to buy, sell or trade);
- Gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the site;
- Contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted;
- Engage in personal attacks, harass or threaten, question the motives behind others’ posts or comments, deliberately inflame or disrupt the conversation, or air personal grievances about other users;
- Repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Take or cause to be taken any action that disrupts the normal flow of postings and dialogue on our site (such as submitting an excessive number of messages – i.e. a flooding attack), or that otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to use the site and/or services; or
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from our site. Exception is made for Internet search engines (e.g., Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g., archive.org) that comply with our Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to deny access to the site or any features of the site to anyone who violates these Community Rules or our Terms of Service or who, in our sole judgment, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy our website or infringes the rights of others.